Samsung officially announced the availability of its latest Android phone – Galaxy Star. Dual SIM Galaxy Star is one of most affordable smartphone in country, priced at Rs 5,240 (maximum retail price, street price is approx Rs 4,900). Though priced very pocket-friendly Galaxy Star is packed very well with specs and Android.
With a 3 inch display Galaxy Star (GT-S5282) runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and sports 1GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 2MP rear camera and 1200 mAh battery.
On the launch of Galaxy Star, Vineet Taneja, Country Head, Samsung Mobile said, “In line with our commitment to providing Smartphones to a wider set of consumers, I am happy to announce the launch of Galaxy Star – a device that provides superior value to consumers based on its advanced features, intuitive performance and superior design features. We want more and more feature phone users to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Star,”
With the similar price and features Samsung’s Galaxy Star directly competes against Nokia Asha 501, which Nokia sees as flagship device in the low-cost smartphone range. Asha 501 sports a little better camera (3.15MP), while fails miserably with just 64 MB RAM to win customers. Both of the phones are 2G-only phone – means smart people won’t buy them.
Samsung Galaxy Star- Key Specifications:
- 3-inch 320x240p display, 262k color
- Dimension: 104.95 x 58.00 x 11.90mm, 100.5 grams
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1 GHz Cortex A5 single core processor
- 512 MB DDR SDRAM
- 2MP rear camera
- FM radio, 2G, Wi-Fi, WiFi Hotspot, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB port
- Internal Memory: 4 GB, microSD card slot
- Dual-SIM support, Smart SIM feature
- Battery: 1200 mAh
- Color Available: White and Black
- Price – Rs 5100 (on Samsung eStore)